Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Umm... It's Spaghetti

Our family is just sitting down for dinner on Monday night.  Hayden gets an impish smile, looks at me and asks, "mom, can you please pass the maple syrup?"
Thinking I can call his bluff, I get up, grab the maple syrup out of the cupboard and pass it to Hayden.  His face lights up and he asks, "can I really?"

I tell him, "sure!", again convinced that he would never follow through.

He proceeds to put syrup on his spaghetti... 

His first bite is a bit tentative, but then he smiles and exclaims, "it tastes just like pancakes!"

He had thirds on spaghetti for dinner that night.

I suppose my question is:

Is this really an acceptable way to get him to eat his dinner?


Also, I think we need to stop watching elf quite so much around the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment